Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) was authorized by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The purpose of P-EBT is to provide food assistance to families with students who would have received free or reduced-price lunch while attending school but are not attending school in person because of COVID-19 restrictions. This benefit is available only to families with students enrolled in a Texas school who were eligible for free or reduced-price lunch, or the school is a Community Eligibility Provision participant.
To be eligible for P-EBT the following criteria must be met:
- Your child’s school must have been closed, had a delayed start or had reduced attendance or hours for five consecutive days.
- You child’s school must participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and/or School Breakfast Program. Only eligible schools are listed on this application.
- Your child must be enrolled in a Texas school.
- Students must also meet at least one of the eligibility requirements below:
- Meet income eligibility guidelines for free or reduced-price school meals and report that to their school through a socioeconomic form or school meals application.
- Attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2) school where all students receive free meals.
Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
If your household currently receives SNAP and you are eligible for P-EBT benefits, they will be put on your current Lone Star Card. If you are not currently receiving SNAP, we will mail you a new card with P-EBT benefits.
A child is eligible for only one P-EBT benefit, even if they are part of multiple households. P-EBT benefits are nontransferable.
Click on the following link to begin the P-EBT Application https://yourtexasbenefits.com/...
The deadline to apply is August 13, 2021. For more information, contact the P-E-B-T Call Center at 833-442-1255, that’s 833-442-1255. Or visit H-H-S dot Texas dot gov slash P-E-B-T
Click on the link for Spanish Letter Version https://tea.texas.gov/sites/de...