During the October Regular Board of Trustee Meeting the Trustees approved Hellas to design & build a new track and tennis facility. The Longhorn Track Facility will be replaced with an eight lane running track along with construction of six new post-tension tennis courts.
Construction is set to begin in Early November with completion set for February 2020. Below is the detailed scope of work.
Construction of 8 Lane Track & Events:
1. Running track:
-Remove and dispose of existing 7-lane track and excavated material will be hauled off site.
-Remove and dispose of existing curb and excavated materials will be hauled off site.
-Remove and dispose of existing concrete pad and sandpits at chutes for the new runways and sandpits construction.
2. Excavate to design sub grade elevations, all spoils material will be hauled off-site.
Construction of 8 Lane Track
1. Hellas will construct a 6" x 12" concrete inner & outer perimeter curb with (2) #4 rebar.
2. Hellas will provide and install ACO-4000 trench drain between the D-zone and running track.
3. Hellas will provide and install a 4" concrete flatwork with #4 rebar on the top of 4" flex base.
4. Hellas will provide and place 6" of flex base material at running track and D-zone, grade and compact to proper planarity and density.
5. At running track and D-zone Hellas will provide 2" of HMAC Type "D" asphaltic concrete paving on top of flex base.
6. Provide Hellas' epic Tracks V300 polyurethaning structural spray track surfacing system on the track oval, chutes, D-zone and long jump runways. Strip track and events per UIL standards.
Six (6) Post Tension Tennis Courts Construction:
1. Strip vegetation (approx. 3" depth) of tennis facility area and flat work area. All striped vegetation and excavated dirt spoils will be disposed off site.
2. Excavate to design sub grade elevations, all excavated material to disposed off site.
3. Construct 4" thick 300 psi concrete sidewalk with #4 rebar on the top of 4" flex base.
4. Construct 325' x 120' post -tensioned slabs, 5" this 3,000 psi concrete, 2' sand bed layer and two layers of 10 mil vapor barrier.
5. Provide Edwards net posts, nets, center anchor straps.
6. Provide TPS-5000 acrylic tennis surfacing system, two colors from standard color chart. Includes striping.
7. Provide and install 10" high tall black vinyl chain line fencing with nine(9) 4' wide gated. Top and middle rails, 9 gauge bottom tension wire. All commercial grade fencing.
8. 9" high windscreen on all perimeter fencing.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause ahead of time and are extremely excited for the continued facility upgrades for our students!